The Pequannock Township Historical Society meets on the first Tuesday of each month. We currently assemble at the American Legion Post #242 in Pompton Plains NJ at 7:30 pm. Please see our calendar for future meeting dates.
We like to feature a guest speaker (nearly) every month after the business portion of our meeting. Perhaps you know of some of our past and future speakers:
- Ralph Colfax, head of the North Jersey Highlands Historical Society
- Tom Riley, retired teacher / local historian
- Linda J. Barth, author of A History of Inventing in New Jersey: From Thomas Edison to the Ice Cream Cone
- Vivian Davis of the Bronx County Historical Society
- Michael C. Gabriele, author of The History of Diners in New Jersey
- Joe Jorgensen & Pete Schichtel, The Lost Treasure Seekers (relic hunters)
- ‘Doc’ Bayne, president of Friends of Sterling Forest, “How the Great Chain Saved the Colonies”
All of our regular meetings are open to the public. Non-members are always welcome!
The Society has various subcommittees which meet at different times; our calendar has details.