The history of Pequannock Township started in the late 1600s, and extends right up to today. If you’re interested in sharing what you know about this area, and helping to preserve that history, you will find a warm welcome here. You don’t have to be a resident to join; we have members from as far away as Florida!
We’re a purely volunteer organization which receives no funds from the Township. Our Society thrives on enthusiastic members willing to volunteer some time in planning fundraising and other events; manning our Hoedown and Street Festival booths; giving tours of the Martin Berry house; helping with the annual Pathways of History weekend… there are so many ways you could help. And, of course, sharing your memories of the area. All are most welcome!
Benefits of Membership
- Meet fellow volunteers and enjoy the camaraderie of people with similar interests
- Continued opportunity to learn about your community
- Meet curators and historians
- Society newsletter and other mailings
- Training materials, articles on history and teaching tips
- Advance notice of society programs
- Society-sponsored lectures and programs
- Annual holiday party
We urge you to join us today!
The Pequannock Twp. Historical Society is a 509(a)(2) nonprofit organization. All are welcome at our meetings. Donations are always gratefully accepted. New members are always welcome.